View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Garbage hands with great implied odds?

People are getting touchy because your posts don't seem to show any common sense, and you're unwilling to listen to any advice.

I understand your rationale fully.

Now let me ask you, if someone is going to call your pot bet on that flop, what do you think they have? The turn comes a diamond - you are BEHIND.

There's no point having a hand in the top x% if you can't play it properly when the flop is less than ideal. Hell, based on your play in this hand, I'd take k8s in position v you head up, let alone in a multi way pot.

To answer your question, of course suited ace-rags go up in value as you get more people in preflop.

You seem somewhat disappointed that people aren't calling your preflop raise of TT with AA, KK, QQ, JJ. Would you be more pleased if they did?

People at this level will call preflop with weaker hands than you. But sometimes they will make better hands on the flop too! You have to use good post flop play and rationale, rather than thinking 'But my hand was good preflop...he can't have called with THAT, surely?!