View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 11:38 PM

Default Re: How would you play this one against the other big stack?

Hmm I guess I didn't really give much thought to limping. Maybe I'm completely wrong with this (and I would love to hear, I'm always looking to implement new things into my game), but I find I very rarely limp as the big stack with blinds worth stealing.

On this situation, assuming noone raises, I'd have a very difficult time playing my 7's after the flop if I don't hit a set. It'd be very difficult to determine where I was against random hands from desperately stacked blinds after the flop, and I lose any respect I would have gained with aggression.
I also see a MUCH better chance of someone raising/pushing me. If I'm one of the blinds here and I look at something like Q9s with a limper to me, I'm pushing that without hesitation. If I do decide to call these pushes from the blinds, I think I'll be in a lot of coinflips that could have been avoided.

The more that I think about this, the more I see it as a hand where no line is looking to great. I'm still thinking a preflop push may be the best course of action, but everything seems so close.

Would love to hear more opinions.