View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 07:59 PM

Default Results and Discussion

At this time, about 62% of respondents favor calling before the flop; 21% would fold and 17% would reraise all-in. I am in the minority that moved all-in. In the actual hand, I lost to MP's AK (LP folded as expected).

I think I still bring a limit hold'em mentality to no-limit play. I tend to bet vulnerable hands aggressively to drive opponents out of the pot or make them pay. In this case, I would have called if I were head-up with MP, but I could not resist the opportunity to raise LP out of the pot.

The callers in the poll were evenly divided between betting and checking a flop that had no overcards. Once again, I would have been in the more aggressive (bet) camp. To those who favor checking, what would you do if MP bet all-in on a coordinated flop (with no overcards) and LP called?

The no-limit players I've seen on TV seem to routinely check the flop with good hands, hoping to trap opponents far more than I do. Do any successful NL players usually make good sized bets after flopping a strong pair or two pair?

-PG