View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Commission Coach Play - A Full Report (long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
O'Doyle-

This is not suprising at all given your small sample size. These players standard deviation is much higher than a Tight aggressive player. Add in that there are more players that fit this catagory, over a short period of time what we consider bad play will post some sizable wins.

If you want a book reference see TPFAP p137 "Why the First Day Leader at the WSOP Never Wins". Sklansky is talking about tourney play but the same concept applies.

[/ QUOTE ]

slavic beat me to it. In any short period, the highest variance play will generally produce the highest winners, AND the highest losers. I would be interested to see that same sort you did by highest losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Stox,

You and slavic are quite correct. This screen shot bears out exactly what you are saying. (Except fot that poor slob on the bottom aka the biggest loser that is trying to play a tight aggressive game and the rock with a VP$IP at 11.02, all the rest are playing a high variance style. This is definitely not a list I am happy being on, especially being on the bottom by such a large margin.)

Holy crap! I gotta being running bad!