View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Re: 10-25 NL at Foxwoods

cero, I'm having a hard time coming up with a read for this one. most tough pros I know raise one limper on the button with any two, I certainly would in this situation with these stacks. just a fact of life that you want to play bigger pots when you have the button.

his underbet on the flop looks like he wants a call, but I am assuming he can bet a wide range of hands here. the only hand he can really profitably check is some sort of draw. even an open ender he probably bets here though, to take a card on the turn if he wants to. so the only time he checks the flop is with a really weak draw plus something else, like possibly a backdoor flush draw or something. so the flop bet to me either means nothing, or a legit hand/draw (like two pair or an open ender).

on the turn once he gets checkraised and calls he seems to have a legitimate hand and I think it is less likely he backed into a draw. also, his underbet either means he wants to play a small pot or he is trying to get the kid to "sense weakness" and raise him. once the kid raises him he would not call if he wanted a small pot, so he has a big pot hand.

I think that unless he had a great read he would reraise with the nuts. many cards kill his action and he's in a perfect position to make a stand.

other than no QTo and no flush draw, I have no idea what this guy has. certainly a set/top two is always a possibility. QQ? I don't know if he plays QQ like that, that would be weird but he could have a read. AA? definitely fits the characteristic of a "pretty good" hand, but not really a big pot hand.

anyways, I am having some trouble putting this guy on a hand. good post, interesting situation.

--turnipmonster