View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 12:52 PM

Default 10-25 NL at Foxwoods

Hi kids,

I witnessed this hand, which took place between one of the young guns from WSOP '04, and a very tough, regular pro in the 10-25 NL. The kid has about 7000, and seems determined to win every pot he enters, regardless of his opponents' apparent strength. So far, it's working like a charm. I am on his right, patiently waiting for him to make a move on me.

Meanwhile, he limps in EP, and the pro raises to 75 on the button. He has about 20,000. Only the kid calls.

The flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]:4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]; kid checks, pro bets 100, kid calls.

Turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]; kid checks, pro bets 150, kid check-raises to 550. Now the pro pauses. "Again?" he asks. "I've got a pretty good hand this time, though." Kid says nothing. Pro contemplates a little while, picking his cards up high, switching them from hand to hand. Finally, he shrugs and calls defiantly.

Can you name the pro's hand (roughly)? I could, at the time. Assume you're the kid, and you have a stone cold bluff. What cards, if any, would you bluff on the end?

Anyway, river is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Kid moves all-in, for about 6000. Results later.