View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 12:33 PM

Default Re: 50+5 Bubble: short stack has 1.5BB left. Should I steal vs bigstac

[ QUOTE ]
Also excellent points from lorinda, there. If the SB does fold and the BB comes over the top, I can't really see folding it, but at least you make it obvious to the BB that you have 'some' kind of hand that you're willing to take the SB on with. As well as this, I find that raising to almost half your stack can spook players out, knowing you'll call the rest anyway, and can often mean "monster".

[/ QUOTE ]

hm.. i always thought a person raising only 1/2 his stack as as wasting time. if someone re-raises, he'll call. so why not just go all in?

why would others at the table think a person who only raises 1/2 his stack has monster?

i would think the opposite. if i raiseed 1/2 my stack, and someone comes over the top (especially if he's been playing tight), then I would be scared.

anyway, back to my example. i went all in, sb folded, and bb had JJ [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] i lost

lori- thx for the advise for only going 2.5BB raise and how the short stack might see my raise as. if i only bet 2.5BB and the bigstack went over the top, i would have folded. (would you have called?)