View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Theories on how online poker is rigged?

[ QUOTE ]
There is one other possibility that I don't see mentioned; that new players start off with great cards to get addicted to the game, instead of starting their poker career by losing it all to sharks and leaving.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is essentially what was posted earlier, the site juiced the hands preflop - Same situation. I think the most common one I have heard, and this one goes back YEARS to the start of the "Paradise is Rigged" controversy is the simplest idea (Not that I am saying this is happening).

The site has 1-2 players at a table who win 40% of the hands with the pot being juiced up with good hands for their opponents so they stay in the hand the whole way through.

To be honest all the theories are pretty stupid for the most part but I can say this much. I have one site I feel is possible would be rigged and they have zero crediblity in my eyes. No I won't mention names but it is not a big site and 90% of the playing population here won't ever set foot there anyways as enough bad things have been said about them..