View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 10:31 AM

Default Re: vulnerable because I fold my AA and KK too easily?

Hi Creed,

you could try something that you only need to do once a session, check raise the flop on a stone bluff.
Make your usual raise of 5xBB with junk in EP - because it's not going to go to a showdown, pick any hand.
There usually comes a point where I haven't picked up a hand for a while and it just "feels" right to raise EP. I can't really explain, maybe when the good players have just played a few pots recently and now it "feels" like your turn [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
You will probably get at least one caller by the sound of it, so when the flop comes (2 suited with a high card on average) think for a little bit and check.
If they play as you say, I would expect to lead out on you expecting you to fold, so c/r the size of the pot.

When they fold, show them the junk.
If you get no callers PF, then don't - if you pick up a ahnd shortly after you're more likely to get called second time after raising twice in one orbit.

Obviously, this could have short term impact on you roll if they call or if they hit the flop etc but at least you've done something they wouldn't normally expect of you. By the sound of it you would almost always lead out on a J45r flop with QQ for example.
Hopefully you will see the benefit of the move in future hands with the same players.

Just an idea, maybe you do this anyway I don't know but making a move out of line once on a while might help you get called in a big pot when you do it to them again with AA 2 hours later.