View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 09:44 AM

Default Re: \"Playing\" a friend.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2/4 no limit game at Mandalay Bay. Playing at a full table with a good friend & a bunch of strangers. One hand, I had pocket Aces. My friend is in early position with pocket Queens. He raises, I re-raise, he calls. Flop is rags, he raises, I re-raise, he calls. The final two steets I simply call his bets. The pot ends up being 200-300 dollars, and I take it down. (This is a fairly large amount of money for my friend.)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you two were heads up, it sounds like he was betting into you, not the other way around. Hence you had no control over the outcome if you just called his bets. Its a lesson your friend will have to learn, NL is not a friendly game. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he was betting into me, I guess it was my re-raising that people had a problem with. The more I think about it, the more I agree that one should play their best regardless of the opponent or circumstances.

As for fighting the boredom - my friend & I sat side by side at that table for 21 hours, I don't think that would have been possible if I was by myself.

The major complication was he could not afford to play at that limit. Still, it was his decision to sit down at the table. In the future I'd advise him to play lower limits or limit-poker. Otherwise I'll let him know I play him the same as anyone else.

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated.

iash