View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Is this one of those times I should check behind on the turn?

Why wouldn't you bet this turn?

If this is a question in relation to it, I would consider this to be very different than that KQ hand elsewhere... most notably you are the aggressor. The likelihood of your opponent having a better hand is significantly decreased. He hasn't shown you anything, if he is on or pick up a flush draw it's a small enough pot he doesn't have proper odds to be calling just based on that, and further, unless he has the unlikely holdings of a T or a suited hand that hit on the turn you're ahead.

A turn check behind doesn't mean that you'll induce a river bluff, villain has shown no inclination to bet thus far.

I think you re-evaluate in the event of a check raise, but your read on the opponent, the suits of your aces, the suits of the table etc. etc. etc.

This is such a hypothetical I'm not sure I even see your point, to be honest... but aside from a very specific read of someone who will bluff on the river with crap, and call a raise on the few times your hand improves or another blank falls... but will always fold on the turn to a bet here... I return to my first question, why wouldn't you bet here?