View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 03:50 PM

Default Commission Coach Play - A Full Report (long)

To refresh your memories, and to those who might have missed it, I had posted a request for someone to coach me at the 15/30 online game in exchange for a portion of my profits. I had several quality posters reply and I came to an agreement with one. This is a full report of how my play has went to date with a "commission coach".

First off, I will not be revealing my coach's identity nor discuss exactly what he has advised me of to date. I feel this info is of some value to him and since in a way I could be paying for it (once I become a winner) it is not fair to him or me.

I started playing 10/29/2004, to date I have played over 7000 hands, losing over 224 big bets:

This shot indicates a slightly worse loss than actual, evidently a hand or few hands were missed.

Took a long look at some different stats. I was minus -20 on getting my fair share of pocket pairs, which just so happened to be AA, KK & JJ. I was even on all other pairs.

AKs thru JTs I was actually +2 .

AKo thru KQo was - 5.

Three particular hands were by far, worse on EV:

AA - 2012
ATs - 1208
KQo - 1312

Total - 4532

My blind play tends to jump out of me as being very bad, at least from the amount I'm losing in those positions:

On the misc stats, I found it interesting that I'm losing money with 1 pair, almost half of my 2 pair lost money at showdown, almost 3/10 of my sets lost money at showdown, almost 1/4 of my flushes lost money at showdown, and 1/3 of my full houses lost money at showdown:

The filtered stats were based on the following parameters: VP$IP: 21% or less, PFR: 7% or greater,
W$SD: 51%. My results were far different from the rest of the group. Minimum 100 hands.

(Oops! Blacked out my own name in error. That's me on the bottom)

I know this was long, and apologize, I just wanted to provide a complete as picture as possible. I would definitely appreciate any and all comments on my play and stats.

To say I am discouraged would be a huge understatement. I honestly felt that with a coach my results would be far different. I know with my coach's advice I was feeling very confident. I know my play was not optimal, but definitely felt that it is good enough to be a winner at the 15/30 and my coach concurs.

Is this just short term variance or is there anything in my play that would indicate a huge problem? Once again, any and all comments I appreciate. Thanks.