View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 12:28 PM

Default Re: One way to improve your game...

Bernie,

Good post! I think the dear departed Vehn had said something like this a while ago in a post talking about breaking out of the low limit trap, or something to that effect. If I recall he suggested that rather than continuing to just mutlitable at low limits we take shots at higher games and really focus on one table of that higher game. Say you give yourself $300 at $5/10. If you get on a roll great; if not, go build up another $300 mini-roll at $3/6 or whatever and try again (and again).

A while back I tried this with $5/10. I wasn't intimidated by the play but did not get on any kind of roll and was not willing to tackle the limit fully heads on. So I dropped back and said that after my next $500 in winnins I would take another shot. After I made that $500 I decided that I would feel that much more comfortable taking a shot at the higher game if I had still $500 more. But after I made my next $500 I had the same feeling. This has gone on for a while and I realized I am long overdue for that next shot.

So, thanks for reminding me of this idea. I now plan to take another shot at the online $5/10 game. I will report back, of course.

Thanks.

Colgin