View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 10:14 PM

Default Re: blind defense - help!

I don't use PT. What exactly is meant by "Folded X to steal"? Is it only counting open-raises from CO and Button when no one has limped? IOW, what counts as a steal to PT?

To answer your question, low and mid pairs become raising hands in late position if I'm the first in. Also A9+, K9+ and QT+. Suited is better, but not necessary. (This is only at 50-100 or above and 6 or less players.)

To defend it's about the same, but a little looser in the BB. Of course, it all depends on stack sizes, blind levels, # of players left and the size of the raise. I will call a min-raise from the big blind with quite a bit if it looks like a steal (or we are down to 3-4 players).

If I'm on a short stack, I don't defend much, esp against the chip leader. I think it's more profitable to try to steal it back later from someone else. If my stack is large (20+ BB) I might call with a bit wider range, but again it depends on the situation. Usually if I have that big a stack I can be a bit of a bully from late position and steal more from them than they steal from me.

The best defense is a good offense. (Re-raising them is key - don't do it too often with crap, but you have to throw some in to keep them honest.)