View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Why some struggle with the jump from Micro to SS games

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I find that tilt doesn't hit me in a maniac type of form, like playing crazy types of hands all of the sudden. Usually it's more subtle - starting to limp with slightly borderline hands in MP, "rounding up" my pot odds slightly and looking for a reason to call, and making what I justify as "value bets/calls" when I know I'm probably beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done this...great post by the way. This is pretty much the situation I'm in. I've had a very frustrating time trying to break into 2/4. All that you've posted are key things to consider.

I've gone over my PT hands, but I still haven't been able to single any one BIG thing out, other than it looks like I haven't really gotten great cards, and most of my big hands have been drawn out on.... I'm losing at -3/100 at 2/4 after about 7500 hands...not anything to be too worried just yet, but it can't be all cards.

My frustration level is at an all time high. 20K+ hands at 50/1 at a "crushing" wr...25K+ at 1/2 with a "solid" wr...and then 2/4...very frustrating.

My latest run at 2/4 was this weekend...and by Sunday night I was ready to burn my copy of SSH [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]....But I looked over PT Monday, and got a grip...I'll just keep plugging away...nice to know I'm not the only one though.