View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 04:03 PM

Default Re: $5 SnG Hand History

[ QUOTE ]
you are missing the end of it.

I have one comment, on hand 12 you call a pre-flop raise with Q8 hit top two pair on a rainbow flop and fold what were you hoping for on the flop if you wouldn't play this?

[/ QUOTE ]

He folded to UTG's min-raise (as he should have).

This looks pretty good overall. You didn't fall into the trap of limping with weak aces early on or suited connectors at the higher levels. I don't think I would raise 3xbb with KQs in the first two levels though. Raising only 3xbb at level one won't get anyone to fold and bigger raises mean you are more likely to get called only when dominated or slight dog (lower pp). Maybe its too weak tight, but I think limping is correct. After all, it's still a drawing hand - you don't want to make the pot so big that you can't afford to call the flop if you hit two of your suit. Same for ATs, but actually I'd probably just muck it with >8 players left.

Towards the end, I didn't see you try to steal at all. You should have a fairly tight image (if they even notice at the $6 level). I think you gotta try to pick up a few blinds when its folded to you (on Button, CO, CO-1). Sometimes I'll throw in my standard 3xbb with a marginal hand from UTG if my image is tight enough. You are close to the other short stack. You need to pick up some chips to put the pressure on him.