View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 03:33 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: IMPORTANT ETHICAL STATEMENT-MUST READ

[ QUOTE ]
Well maybe it's not a "get it" thing. Maybe it's a "I don't happen to agree that poker is shameful" thing. We can have differences of opinion. Doesn't mean I don't "get it." If you're explaining Baye's Theorem and I'm confused, okay I don't "get it." If you're going to tell me that, having comprehended it, I can now use it to predict the color of my next boyfriend's hair, well I think I'd disagree (and yes, I could be wrong).

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of the original post is not "poker is shameful", but rather "some people could be damaged socially or professionally if it became common knowledge that they play poker," and therefore, one shouldn't 'out' a poker buddy unless one knows that it's ok with him/her to do so. Some of the responses to that point have been something to the effect of "Well, if that's the case, they shouldn't play poker in the first place." I don't think that's entirely fair, myself; I think that the original point is a good one, and that some people really aren't getting that point.

-Mike