View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 11:24 AM

Default Trip to the Borgata, minus the poker content

We just recently got back from our trip to A.C. and the Borg. The highlight of the trip for me was definitely meeting all the different 2+2 guys. These guys were great to hang out with. I decided that instead of boring everyone with a regurgitated summary of all the antics or some boring hand histories that I would just break down the trip for you guys with a few interesting statistics.

(175): Net profit from two flopped sets on the week
0: Times I went outside between Wed. Night and Sunday Morning.
0: Times I was dealt AA in 4 days
1: Dollars I lost to Bdk3Clash on who would be seated first for their game. Unbeknownst to me this crafty prop better wasn't even on a list.
1: 2+2er met that regards croutons as a dessert food.
1: Times I was called down by middle pair when I held the nut low(playing Hold em)
1: People at my table that got my "Wait, his pair wins? But I have the nut low" joke (just me).
2: Times I saw the most ridiculous illegal raise attempts almost go through on my 2/5 NL Table. "You made it 25? I'll make it 35 then." No sir, you won't. I'll kill you
2: Rooms I tried to get into at 4 a.m. before I figured out which floor mine was on.
2: Times a guy at 3/6 checkraised Bunky in the same hand per my suggestion. Bunky checked behind on the River with AA and thankfully so. If it happened again I would probably still be on the floor rolling. 95o for flopped two pair take it down.
3: Members of our 4 person party that admitted to participating in extra-curricular Activities in the hotel bathroom, and not the bragging ones.
3: Hours I spent watching the movie "Heat" for the first time early Friday morning in the hotel room
4: Times I made fun of people I didn't know for wearing sunglasses at the table
5: Lines dropped on me by an overly friendly male stewardess on the flight up.
6: Times I attributed poor results to me being "bad at flopping"
7: Times I preceded a question with "Hey, World Poker Tour, let me ask you this. "
8: Times I unsuccessfully tried to "Move in" at the 3/6 table.
10: Dollars offered by FsuPlayer to have a girl on our plane ask for the phone number of a random guy of our choice(Accepted)
11: Times I was caught staring at the cocktail waitresses "assets" (ballpark)
15: Times DougieFish said "I suck" on the trip.
100: Dollars offered to the girl on the plane from FsuPlayer to make out with me in front of her boyfriend when we exited the plane. (Declined, but it was close)
151: Times I was called "Slappy" by the members of my 2/5 NL table, as was written on my hat.
212: Times I used the word "fish" when referring to a 2+2'er in their presence.

Quotable:

Playing 1/2 NL, I have just lost a monster pot in which I was check raised all in on the turn holding a straight on a paired board. I call and the player shows trip Q's and fills up on the river. Needless to say, I'm less than pleased. About two hands later I witnessed this masterpiece of modern poker. There is a raise to 10 and about 3 callers. Flop comes down A 5 5. Kid in blinds checks, EP bets 15, LP calls 15, kid proceeds to check raise all in for 200+ over the top. EP folds and LP calls. Kid shows 56 and LP shows 5Q. Shortly after the kid lost the hand, he looked at me and said. "Join the bad beat club."

Results in white below:
<font color="white">He's no longer with us. </font>