View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Death of the \'Big 4\'

[ QUOTE ]
rake back?

first off, rake back is happening at party to the regular players. fish don't know/care about rake and party is 90% non-pro fish. second, take a look at the last business model having to do with rake back. rake free was a flop.

i'm probably gonna get jumped for this, but alobar was a big believer that rake free had a shot and predicted good things. i'm not saying he is not credible in judging a good site, but i think it has been proven that rake don't mean shiit, squatola, nada in internet poker. the site with the highest rake is the leader and it always will be. marketing and affiliates cost money and rake stays high, but that's the price to pay for 90% fish. no internet pro will leave party for more than a week.

i ignored the rake part of his reply because it was irrelevant IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zerorake proved that the average fish doesnt know/care/understand rake. (Tho I still think if they knew WTF they were doing as a pokersite, they could have had a shot). The beauty of pokerchamps is that the fish don't have to understand. All they are going to see is that if they play there, they get money back at the end of the week. Sure lots of players are getting rakeback from party right now, I'd be willing to bet that maybe less than 5% of party players are aware that there are rakeback deals tho. The ones that do are players who understand rake. They also have to have a trusted affiliate, and lose a percentage of their "profit" to the affiliate. At champs, they don't have to do anything or understand anything, all they have to do is play, and they get a percentage (up to 50%) of their rake back. And for the people that actually know and understand rake, champs has a much better rake structure than party. This is the reason I think champs will be in the top 5 in a year. The customer service is just a refreshing welcome from the crap that party serves out. I'm not clueless enough to think that any site would succeed on customer service alone. If that were the case stars would be the number one site over party.