View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 02:42 AM

Default 2/4 NL Small Pot Hand

Hi all,

I have been venturing more and more into the 2/4 400 buyin online games. Just wanted to see your thoughts on this very basic hand, making sure my play is good since these type of hands come up a lot.

I have $425 on the button, Villain is in SB with about $550. I have been here a couple rotations and have raised PF twice, both times taking down the blinds + some limpers money. Read on the villain is that she (name is female) is a bit on the loose side, but not a maniac.

I open-raise to $16 from the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB Villain calls, BB folds. Pot = $36.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, I bet $25, villain thinks and calls. Pot = $86.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Villain leads out for $30, and I smooth-call. My thoughts are that my hand is alright, but I dont want to build a big pot here with a top pair not great kicker hand. Pot= $146.

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Villain thinks for a long time and bets out $30. I quickly call.

Thoughts? I am particularly interested on whether or not I should raise the turn since the board is so draw heavy?

Sly