View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 08:04 PM

Default Dark Play - How Far Can You Take It?

I thought this was an interesting hand.

6-12 at CP.

I am UTG+1 at an ultra loose (and relatively passive) table with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG limps, I limp, an MP limps, SB completes, BB raises and we all go to the flop for 2 SBs.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB checks,BB bets, UTG folds, I raise, BB calls after the rest of the table folds and checks the turn dark.

Uh, OK.

Turn is the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet, he instaraises and I call. Then he bets the river dark, which confuses the dealer into pump faking the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I thought about "dark" raising (can I even do that?), but decided to wait until the cloud of confusing is lifted and the river is delivered to its rightful spot on the table.

So I got to thinking, what are the rules around dark play? If I thought I could get him to three bet an inferior hand, could I dark raise? If there are Canterbury players who know the rule, that would be great. I can't imagine that I will ever use this, but it would be good to know.

For those interested, he 3 bet and called a fourth with QQ. Then 4 hands later they called him for the 15-30.

HF