Thread: BB Bubble Hand
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 07:22 PM

Default BB Bubble Hand

I haven't been playing SnGs seriously for very long, and I decided to start at the bottom and work my way up, so hopefully I'll be posting hands semi-frequently so you fine people can abuse me into improving my game.

I thought this hand was interesting in that it went from a flop semi-bluff/steal with low pair to a damn good hand. I had been stealing quite a bit on the bubble, but I chose not to try to steal pre-flop this go-round. As far as a read goes, the SB was folding to many of my steal attempts and he tended more towards calling station than showing any sort of aggression.

-------------------------
Hand converter is down apparently because there are a bunch of "no talent ass clowns" in the SSH section who post hands without reads or context. So here is my attempt at pretty.
-------------------------

PokerStars $5+1
Blinds: 100/200 (25 ante)

SB: T3960
Hero (BB): T2760
UTG: T3930
Button: T2850

Dealt to Hero 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG folds
Button folds
SB calls 100
Hero checks

FLOP: [7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] Pot: T500
SB checks
Hero bets 400
SB calls 400

***Here's my semi-bluff/steal attempt. Since I checked preflop, I deprived myself of an opportunity to test the strength of his hand by betting, but I assume he didn't call with complete crap, even from the SB.***

TURN: [7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] Pot: T1300
SB: checks
Hero: bets 800
SB: calls 800

***I can see why some might advocate slow-playing here, but there are two concepts that led me to bet, especially since it was a $5+1 game:
1) The saying that goes something like "If you don't lose a lot of money with trips, you aren't playing them right," not that I was REALLY worried about a straight or flush.
2) I had what I believed to be the best hand at this point, one that I would only lay down to a spade river and serious action, and people tend to be looser with their calls with cards to come than on the river, so I wanted to get some more money in here.***

RIVER: [7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] Pot: T2900
SB: checks
Hero: bets 600
SB: calls 600

***Yeah, I know. 600 into a 2900 pot? I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking. This was definitely a situation where I should have pushed for my last ~T1500. I think this was the biggest mistake since Mr. Calling Station probably would have called my all-in.***

SHOW DOWN (in white): <font color="white">
Hero shows [3d 5d] (three of a kind, Threes)
SB shows [4d 7s] (two pair, Sevens and Fours)
Hero collected 4100 from pot</font>

Any thoughts? I'd love to hear some critiques on what is not a hand I don't usually see. Thanks.