Thread: I like poker.
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 12:42 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: I like poker.

I agree with your analysis of the 6-max games. I don't much like them either. I did at one point, but I think they take a lot of the skill out of the game.

As for the hand, I would've 3-bet the flop. you have a huge draw, and there's no guarantee UTG will cap it. even if he does, it's not so bad, as your two pair outs aren't so clean with all those players in, and UTG capping could chase out something like A6, though that's rare.

I also think your turn cap is overdoing it since you aren't ahead, but most of the time you have 4 boat outs against 44, sometimes you have 2 boat outs against 66. my only concern is that someone has a better two pair. but, the best case scenario is that you have 11 (I think) outs, and you're 3-1 to hit those, and getting 3-1 on your cap. that's the best case scenario so I still don't like it.

I have two questions. did you cap the turn purely for value, with 2 callers, and would you have folded the river for one bet?