Thread: I like poker.
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 12:25 PM

Default I like poker.

After beating my head against 5/10 6-max for a month and running and/or playing really, really bad, I decide to drop down to 3/6 full to restore my damaged bankroll and/or psyche.

God tossed me some table scraps to reward my submissive behavior and I had a very nice session, making back a good chunk of what I'd lost during my ARROGANT ATTEMPT TO FLY TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN. Maybe I'm just cut out for full-table play, which at this point I find totally relaxing and fun compared to the nitro-burning rock, paper, scissors-in-the-eyes that is short-handed. Anyway, this was my favorite hand from that very good day.

The only thing that's cooler than cute nicknames for crap hands is CB slang, so I call this story:

Getting Busy in the Big Blind

because according to the interweb 10-6 is what truckers say when they're busy (presumably getting a blowjob from another trucker.)

The players in this hand are mostly loose and a trifle on the passive side, except for UTG+1 who's more aggressive than most. UTG just sat down and posted a blind, so who knows, maybe it's sfer.

Preflop: I have T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the big blind, good buddy!

UTG checks, UTG+1 calls, LP calls, SB calls, I call.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, UTG raises, UTG+1 calls, LP calls, SB folds, I call.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, LP calls, I raise, UTG 3-bets, call, call, I cap it up cap-style, all call.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, LP raises, I fold

All goot?

/mc