Thread: 0 for 16
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 01:21 PM

Default Re: well, A J...you might get some disconcerning replies...

Keep in mind here that I'm directing this at someone who is getting clobbered there. I know there must be plenty of people who are doing decently or even well at PP. Our friend isn't one of them though.

Now, I'm not saying that there isn't skill involved at PP, rather that you tend to get rewarded more for skill if the thing doesn't go down this quickly. And there's plenty of math there that's for sure [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Another consideration is the particular player's style. I can play the hyper aggressive stuff when I need to - I just don't want to need to every freakin tourney [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And I find it frustrating to play well and accumulate chips just to see them swallowed up quickly when the blinds are huge and all you're getting is the bottom half of the deck.

There is the time factor as well, as the previous poster has brought up. Sure, it's going to be better to make money quicker. You've got to have a good ROI to go along with this though.

I'm far from the expert on PP since I've just played a few tourneys.

I'd be curious though to hear from you experts there on how you deal with the crazy blind structure. In particular, what kind of hands you're pushing with at, say, 300/600 and beyond.

A.J.