View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 02:42 AM

Default Foxwoods Main Event Hand

This was my first major tourny. I have won lots of $100 and under tournys in Vegas and a few other spots as well as the internet. I went in knowing I was dead money but good enought to get lucky if the cards fell and get the buyin back maybe. My image by the time this hand came up was relativly weak. Players at my table knew I was green but I had only called down one hand and it ate up most of my stack. I battled back to 6000. Early position raiser seems to know his way around a tourny and everyone in it. He had been making opening raises all day for about three times the BB. He got reraised alot and a few by me. He had made a big deal about me reraising him a little earlier.

I am one off the button and he is early. The blinds are 100-200 25 ante. He makes it 600 and I make it 2500 with AKo. Small blind thinks for awhile and then throws hand away. My guy comes over the top for the rest of his stack which is about 3600. I thought I had finally ran into a big hand against him but the idea that he was sick of me reraising him and maybe he was just making a stand with AQ or AJ at best, forced me to call. He had 99 and I failed to improve. And that was that.

I am clueless. Was the first raise too big? Could I have still laid it down? I know you want to stay out of coin flips but was I justified in thinking maybe I had him dominated?