View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Omaha Hi/Lo

[ QUOTE ]
Hold Em is enjoyable, but with everyone and their brother watching it on tv and thinking that Q/2 SUITED is gold, it can be rough with all the suck outs. Mentally at least.

Not that there aren't opportunities to make money there. But it's hard to bluff some of these guys that catch bottom pair and will stay in until the river and not go away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why Limit Hold'em is the big money maker. The key is: DON'T BLUFF. Bluffs rarely work with loose / passive players who see a showdown with bottom pair. However... those same people will call you when you have top 2 pair. That's what makes the game SO MONEY!!! I currently play 2/4 on a very loose / passive site (not gonna say which one because it's small and I don't want it infiltrated with sharks), and I am averaging about 8.5 BB / 100 - something that is impossible at sites with better players like UB (where I only average about 4 BB / 100). Yes there are a lot of bad suck-outs. But if you play tight, you just don't get sucked out that much, and you win a good % of the hands you play.

The biggest money is when a tight / aggressive player plays a loose / passive limit game (that's where I make my highest BB/100 anyway).

ON A SIDE NOTE:

My brother would disagree. He made over $15,000 in 5 weeks on bodog.com before they started advertising on sites like twoplustwo.com. Back when nobody had heard of them, he played 2/4 NL and was making over $100 an hour. You can't do that anymore though, so now he cashed out and he's playing on other small, very fishy sites that nobody has heard of.