View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 06:56 AM

Default Re: The Platinum Poker Club to be Blacklisted

[ QUOTE ]
IMO these people were shady from day one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made good money out of The Platinum Poker Club in the first months after their launch, when they were offering very generous freerolls and regular $ 500 guaranteed tournaments (at which only a handful off people turned up). There wasn’t even a cash out requirement attached to freeroll winnings. It seemed a bit to good to be true, but I haven’t had any problems cashing out… and that was without ever having to deposit or being hassled for ID documentation.

So to say they were shady from the beginning is rubbish. They tried to capture a piece of the market by being very generous, and failed. Plain and simple.

Their problem is that they’ve never been able to get a decent number of tables going. The tables that they did have were usually $2/$4 or $3/$6 limit tables with a preposterously low percentage of players per plop. This whole poker props idea was and is a very bad idea. It attracts the sort of players who play tight as a rock and therefore hardly generate any action. (You might say props are worse than bots [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ). I know I didn’t feel any urge to try the ring games, anyway.

$ 7 left in my account now. I think I might try one last tourney or see if they have a micro-limit table running tonight…