View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 02:15 PM

Default The A Q That went Wrong?

200NL 6 max party poker

The game was 6 handed and the chip stackes were around 400. Background: I have only been in the game for about a hour and i have built my stack up around 450. I have control over the table taking down alot of pots by betting. (The reason im telling you this is becasue it comes back to hurt me).

It is folded around to me on the button were i look at a AQos. I have been raising alot of pots stealing alot of blinds. So i come in for my normal 11.99 raise. The sb calls and the bb folds. I dont feel that sb has much from the read of things, but i know that it is gettin to the point that he is going to play back at me with any two cards ( I know this). The flop comes Ad 3h Ks. I know he does not have me beat at this point, but i know he is going to play back at me because i have been takin down so many pots in a short time. What about my flop play. I put in a pot size raise. the sb rasie me double my bet. I call knowing im ahead but waiting to see another card. the turn bring a 6h. i check and he bets 20, i know that 6h didnt help his hand at that point and i know that he is just playin back at me. i re raise him 45 tryin to get him to lay his hand down because i knew i had the best hand and he was playin back at me. I now feel that we both r pot commited and im ok with that cause i konw i got the best of it. the pot size is around 195. the flop brings a Qh. He moves all in for about 90 more and i call. He turns over a Kh9h......a back door flush....Were did i play this hand wrong? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]