View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Defending/pushing back with Ax from the blinds [party 30+3]

Thanks for your reply!

[ QUOTE ]
okay.
Hand 1 - i'd say reraise here, at least call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even consider calling as an option here, because I rarely do when the blinds are this big. I don't really want to put anymore chips in and play this out of position postflop, I feel like I have to push if anything here.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3 - fold. no sense in risking a close call w/ the chip lead, since you're in themoney w/o much effort here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may have a point here, but in general I am very aggressive with the chip lead during the bubble. Most of my chips are won 4-handed because of this. However, this is mainly when I am first in, and I am pretty comfortable playing first-in at this stage, its where to draw the line for calling / re-raising that I am not as sure about.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 4 - questionable. it won't knock you out to call, and you are already in the money, so it's not too bad to call. i'd say call if you feel good about the other guy and what you think he is doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a call here would entice the BB to take a cheap flop, making it harder to win the hand. Also, if I feel ilke I'm doing pretty well against button's range of hands, I don't want to give him a free flop. If I could close the action, maybe I could call here and go for the stop-n-go, but I can't do that with BB yet to act. I think fold and push are the only decent options here, and fold seems to be the weaker of the two.