View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 05:51 AM

Default My first real downswing (family pot)

I was finally hit with a real downswing tonight. I hadn't been receiving any playable hands all session, and I tried to stay tight, but I seemed to lose big whenever I played. The details of this might not be perfectly accurate.

Pacific Poker $0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Everyone calls.
<font color="red">Should I have raised here? I know KJo isn't the strongest hand against so many callers, but raising wouldn't have reduced the field.</font>

Flop: (10 SB) J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (10 players)
SB checks, BB bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls,, MP2 raises, MP3 calls, CO raises, Hero raises, SB folds, BB folds, UTC calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.
<font color="red">Too aggressive? There were numerous draw possiblities, and I was betting with what was likely the best hand (am I wrong to think that?) </font>

Turn: (17 BB) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players)
UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO bets, Hero raises, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.
<font color="red">Again, is this too aggressive? Same line of thinking as on the flop. </font>

River: (27 BB) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 players)
UTG bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO raises, Hero folds, UTG calls all-in, MP1 calls, MP2 calls
<font color="red"> I would have called down the UTG bet knowing I was beat, but I didn't think it was worth it against a raise.</font>

Final Pot: ~34 BB between UTG, MP1, MP2, CO.

Result:
<font color="white">CO wins ~34 BB with T9o.</font>