View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 04:01 AM

Default Re: First MTT hand post

I would probably fold pre-flop. I would consider limping from this position only if I was very comfortable with not having to face a raise from someone behind me. At this stage, that's probably not very likely. I would only consider raising with A3s if it was folded to me (no limpers) while either on the button, CO, or MP3 (but only if the players behind me weren't very aggressive).

You've got a pretty strong draw here. 9 outs will give you the nut flush. 4 outs will give you the nut straight which you will likely split, possibly with 2 or 3 others given the calls of your raise. I think you are either in an all-in or check-fold position here. If you decide that you are willing to go for it on this hand then push (which you did). This will at least give others a chance to fold. You certainly don't want to check and have to call an all-in bet from another player. I would say that with this number of players and this texture of a flop, you were guaranteed to have at least one caller.

So the question is: do you want to take a gamble? And only you can answer that question. If so, you played it perfectly. But I would guess that you were behind on the flop.