View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Who wins when mistakes are made?

I said the raise was probably (not definitely) the correct play. I think it is a very nice semibluff. He probably thinks everyone is very weak since no one bet the flop, and he has just picked up the nut flush draw. Your bet doesn't mean anything, because you could easily be bluffing since it was checked around, but his raise might fold people because it shows some strength, which could be a lot of possible hands. Since both of you are already in for one bet, the fold equity probably isn't very good, but the best hand folded, so what more could he want?

You are only defending the calling stations play because he won one hand. If you don't fold, he looks like a bad player for calling 2 big bets with just fourth pair. Considering the merits of his play because he won one hand is just too results oriented. I don't think he wins this hand more often than he makes 2 pair or trips on the end unless top pair makes a big mistake. I feel like SB made 1 huge mistake, MP2 played just fine, and the button made several mistakes that ended up lucking him into winning one hand.