View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 02:45 AM

Default Party/Empire crashes

This may be par for the course with Party's software, but here goes. Occasionally my entire system freezes as the open Party windows crash everything. Eventually I can close the Party windows, or they die a slow death on their own, and if I have task manager open ahead of time it shows the partypoker.exe process as eating up nearly all of the CPU. This has occured more often during SNG's, even though I have played only 10 or 11 tournies versus over 11,000 hands of 3-6. I 4-table, with 4 pokertracker gametime windows open, and load hand histories every 3 or 4 minutes. Curiously, Stars crashed in a similar fashion during an SNG there as well, but I have had no problems with any non-poker software.

My resources should be fine: I have a new Compaq r3000z laptop, AMD Athlon64 2.2 GHz, 512 MB ram, blah blah blah. Have all the standard stuff (ZoneAlarm, Norton, Spybot, AdAware, system regularly scanned for bad stuff). Anyway, I have DSL, and this was happening previously while I was on wireless, while recently (probably 30-40 hours of playing), I have had no problems while wired. Until tonight that is, same old story, completely random meltdown seemingly unrelated to anything.

Any ideas? Is this just a typical example of Party's notoriously lousy software that I've heard so much about? The crappy thing is, no internet disconnection is happening along with the system lockup, so if I am involved in one or more big hands, I have no all-in protection. Predictably, I didn't get any response from Party's tech support. Probably my bad, I just barely e-mailed them like 4 weeks ago. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]