Thread: K6 suited
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 05:15 PM

Default Re: K6 suited

[ QUOTE ]
never should have called the all in. not a bad shot at the steal, and you get te check to hit your Q, bu then when he goes all in, you can't call. as soon as the Q hit on the turn i knew how that story ended. save some chips for another hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew how the story ended as well, but only because it was being posted here. I would have never put him on AK, I would have expected him to re-raise that all in pre flop. So that was either very clever or very timid. I'm surprised that you describe him as a LAG. To me AKs would just be another of many hands a LAG would push in this spot. Once you bet the 400, making the pot 850, I don't see how you fold to a 350 raise, assuming my pot and stack size calculations are right.

I guess maybe the real question is should you have taken the shot with Kxs. I think it's a play worth making at times, but you have to be wary about second best hands. I can't honestly say I would have been able to save my stack once the Q hit.

I tend to make my standard raise about 2.5 times the big blind. I think the effect is the same as the 3xBB raise and saves me chips if someone pushed big when I have a less than premium hand.