View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Flopped 2 pair but don\'t know what to do with it

[ QUOTE ]
Again, I am mostly wondering out loud here. This might not be a good place to wait for these reasons, but if not, I want to identify exactly why. I think the answer lies in the ability to fold to a scare card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the reason why waiting until the turn is bad is because of Hero's position in this hand. If I remember the example correctly from SSH, which I may not since its from memory, we had TT with a possible flush draw out there. In this case, there were a lot of card to come that could beat us (over cards, flush cards, etc...). However, in this example someone was betting (I think directly to our right), therefore a bet was certainly going to go in on the flop. Now, since we knew where the bet was comming from, there was a good probability that on the turn we could face the field with two cold assuming the flop better continued firing away and nothing too scary hit. Therefore we could really push our increase in equity edge on the turn.

In this hand, on the flop we have no idea where a bet is comming from. We need to make sure something goes in on the flop and it doesn't get checked through giving drawers infinite odds. The only real good thing that could happen is that if we check, we get a late position bet and hope the same player bets on the turn so we can c/r him to face the field with two cold. The ambiguity here is why I think its wrong to wait until the turn in this situation and also why I think its better to bet out on the flop.

Anyone disagree with anything I've said?