View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 11:28 AM

Default Re: What Adjustments do I make for this Tourney?

[ QUOTE ]

Foregoing blind-stealing while you are shortstacked is suicide. In fact, I don't think it's possible to ever stop blind-stealing in the late stages of a tourney and be a successful tournament player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it seems to me that, when the next hand you play is for all your chips, attempting to steal the blinds when you have 4-6 free hands in front of you is suicide...especially when half the players are fish and liable to call you.

[ QUOTE ]

Raise all-in with a short-stack. Calling a raise with 20x BB is generally not done. Move-in with great hands or fold otherwise, unless you resteal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the tight strategy that I normally use and get blinded to death in the later stages of the tourney, before the final table.

[ QUOTE ]

High aces and pocket pairs dominate the late parts of a steal-fest, those are the hands you want to reraise with. When shortstacked 7xBB or lower, the only thing you're looking at it is how to double up off high cards or blind-steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

High aces & pocket pairs....besides the obvious hands, what exactly are these and why do you think they're re-raising hands? With AX, I'll generally fold to a previous raise; with AXs, I might call if it isn't a huge or an all-in raise for a significant portion of my stack. If it's a fish doing the raising, I fold both; if it's one of the 'good players' I have a difficult decision.

If I'm first in, I limp AX & raise AXs (this is not yet short-handed).

Please continue the input and counter-arguments, please....I learn more with every word [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Spyder