View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Chip Reese comment as applied to Bankroll

[ QUOTE ]
My thought is, why not play a few games a little above my bankroll, if I lose then back it down. Anyone take a similar approach? Pros and cons (aside from the obvious con that you run through your bankroll quickly if you are not ready for the next level or are running bad)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a common thing for everyone to get a little bored within their comfort zone, and focus more when they bring a real risk of ruin into play. But...it's a sign of impatience/letting your ego get in the way/lack of discipline...which all = bad poker...

And think of it this way too - if you don't have the discipline to stay at the proper level (BR-wise) when things are going well, well...it's much, much harder to have that discipline (to drop back down right away) when things are going bad...and then you may very well go broke/near broke.

Besides, if you multi-table, you can work in one of the next higher level with your lower level SNGs before you have the BR to play exclusively at the higher level...letting you "take shots" while being adequately BR'd for it.