View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 04:20 PM

Default Re: What Adjustments do I make for this Tourney?

When I get chips early, I become more aggressive, however, I still find that in later stages I become short-stacked.

I do use the semi-bluff and the steal raise throughout the tourney, however, I usually forego those plays when short-stacked.

I think the problem is calling raised pots late. I don't call enough. I tend to fold or re-raise, and only re-raise with a premie. This causes my chips to quickly leak in the late stages of the tourney (500/1000 & bigger blinds) because we're usually playing with 6 or 7 players and they come around often.

The problem is that I'm not sure with what hands I should call a raised (3-4 times the BB) pot when I have a decent amount of chips. When the pot is un-raised, or, I'm first in, I have little trouble in deciding what to do. When I have QTs, JTs, KJs, KJo, ATo, A9s, 88, 77, T9s, 98s, 87s, etc, and the pot is raised to me is where I am failing, I think.

This is conjecture as I don't really know where my leak is at this time. I also don't have any idea what questions to ask, yet.

Spyder