View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 04:09 PM

Default Going to Australia!

I'm a complete newbie to Multi-table tourneys. Previously all my experience amounted to the $1 new player multi party offers. (I didn't win but I did money for $2!!)

I want to thank Enon and Mr. X for cheering me on at the final table. I didn't post here when I got close because I didn't want any distraction. But the extra people watching really does help. I had a few meltdowns (I called 6000 worth of chips with A7 off and lost to KK. I also had some amazing suck-outs. I put all my chips on the line with K5 on a board of 245 after a healthy preflop raise that I called. The villain called my allin reraise and flipped over TT. I hit a turn K and then a river K for the boat.

I won my way in by winning a $10 super satellite and then a $77 sattelite which I played on a whim. This is the greatest thing I've ever won. I can't begin to tell you all how super-psyched I am to go to Australia. I studied at University of Melbourne for my semester abroad and I absolutely love the city. Please post if you're also going because I don't know anyone out there and I'd love to hang out. I'm 25 and I've only played online poker for about 8 months. I play at most 3-6 limit and sometimes 5-10 shorthanded.

I'd like to give some special thanks to David Ross and Tyler Durden from the Multi section. While this is my first Multi Post I've read this section a good deal and I've learned alot.

Also, for anyone that's won, when does Party give me my $2500 and the extra details. I still haven't seen an email from them. Thanks again to everyone on this site. It's given a relatively poor nonprofit worker like myself a chance to compete with the big boys.