View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Penalties To Use During Home Games?

It does sound like not inviting him may be the way to go but I know how it goes. If you're all good friends or HS buddies then I would elect other ways to go... screw up do a shot prepared by the others at the table. Some friends of mine have a rule "Screw a deal face the wheel" which is a roulette like wheel with various penalties on it e.g. drink of choice is definitely a bad one (a tabasco/whiskey/jager/vodka shot or the even worse "lets go see what's in the frige" shot are not good). The "face the wheel" is often brought up when we're out for the night and is frequently done spinning a beer bottle and using off the cuff penalties on slips of paper/napkins. Usually the "wheel" is brought out anytime someone screws up and a rhyme can be made with wheel. Could do break a rule become Table Gopher for an hour (could be on the wheel)... cheat a pot, pay to a bad beat jackpot although this is definitely a don't come back for repeat offenders. The lamer annoying stuff could also be thrown back at him. I'd lean toward the call it out and make it embarrassing/unpleasant route.

Just some thougts,
Fins