View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 11:25 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Penalties To Use During Home Games?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry if I'm blunt, but it seems to me you're being anal about much of this. Most of the "annoying" things are just that, and if he's doing it to tilt players, apparently it's working in his favor. And a "Four Step Penalty System" seems really childish to me. I had a player once that annoyed everyone, and after a while I just had to ask him not to come any more.

As for cheating the pot, especially since he's been caught numerous times, UNINVITE HIM. PERIOD. No warnings, no hand slaps, just tell him not to come back! Friend or not, he's a cheat. In fact, if he's cheating his friends, he's not really a friend.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

Being blunt is fine, I appreciate your advice. I might be being anal, but I want to keep my game alive and run as fairly as possible. I had a problem a couple of years back with a guy who had won three events in row and people were getting mighty suspicious. We prevented him from taking his fourth win in a row because he was out of the hand and we all moved all-in and one of us got enough chips to beat him. He was pissed and complained, even though he had already won a bunch of money off us previously and wasn't losing that night.

It was a rough time, and I'd like to keep things fun for everyone. Back then we only had 4-6 players at most, now I get 8-12, even up to 16 regularly. I want to keep people coming back.

You make good points about his cheating ways. He won't be getting a four-step program, but I had been too lenient in allowing his antics to propogate. I will inform him in no uncertain terms that he will now be watched like a hawk, and even ONE misstep will result in a ban from our events.