View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Too many fish ? not random? or poor luck?

Say what you will, and perhaps the truth is I'm a bad player. As of today, I'm done with online poker. I recently cashed out $9k only to go on a losing streak of $3k IMMEDIATElY without even a breath. Same play too. Some range of fuckery:

KK vs. 74o flop with 7 river comes 4
AA vs. 23s for river flush
flopped sets vs. rivered higher sets
sets vs. runner runner flush and straights

and my personal favorite:

QQ vs QQ to lose to a flush

Each time, good play by me, no reason to slow down, no reason to not raise with the best of it.

Now, again, I have won a fair amount and I'm sure I've sucked out on people a fair amount too. In B&M play I am a winning player. Internet, I'm getting out while I'm still a little ahead.

I can't say the sites are rigged (although this "cash out curse" has been accurate for me every time). But I will say there are so many junk players, so many weak ace players, etc.

Why should I look down and see KK or AA and wonder what new and exciting ways party poker has to screw me?

What it comes down to is that I can't be a great poker player online playing good poker against bad poker players. I haven't figured it out yet and I'm not willing to try.

Thanks for the rant. Hope to see you live and in the flesh. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]