View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 10:24 AM

Default Re: When has it become bad to be a Christian?

[ QUOTE ]
Our society considers the ideal family to consist of a father, a mother, and children. Marriage is an institution designed to promote that ideal family structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. Our society considers the traditional family to consist of father, mother, children. Ideals are for philosophers and priests.

[ QUOTE ]
What is happening in America today is the Gay community is trying to use marriage to promote a family structure that the rest of society feels is less than ideal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bullshit. If you truly believe the gay community is trying to push it's values on anyone else, you are horribly misinformed.

The gay community just wants the same rights as the straight community - to be able to marry the person they love, having all the rights and priveledges due them for such a relationship. Marry, not civil unionize.

[ QUOTE ]
the institution of marriage

[/ QUOTE ]

Marriage is not an institution. Marriage is a contract describing a government-recognized relationship. God I hate that "marriage is an institution" crap.

[ QUOTE ]
The rest of society is essentially saying that they will tolerate a gay family structure, but they will not allow the institution of marriage to be changed to promote it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the question again is - why? Because you think being gay is wrong. Do you also think we shouldn't allow muslims or jews or buddhists to marry in the united states, because their family values are different than yours? How about single parents? Divorcees? Guess what, the June Cleaver version of the American family is a dying breed.

[ QUOTE ]
Id like to add that I think the gay community is wrong to single out christians. Its a much larger cross section of America that is opposed to changing marriage.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is only Christians who I've heard say that being gay is morally wrong and an affront to god. Maybe they're not the only ones against it, but they're for damn sure the most vocal.

Why do you think you get to say what is right and what is wrong when it harms no one?

-Nate