View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 02:27 AM

Default Re: What We Democrats Need To Do

[ QUOTE ]
We don't need to be worrying about who we nominate, and whether they can be labelled as a liberal or not, because they will ALL be labelled liberal. All of them. If McCain were running as a Dem against Bush, he would be labelled a liberal. Liberal has become a dirty word associated with failed economic policies that no one in the Democratic Party even supports. 12% more people now call themselves conservatives than call themselves liberal. Yet when it comes to real issues, people agree more with the Democrats on most. We need to embrace the term liberal because it is with us to stay. And we need to frame the term. Redefine it. Show America what it really means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clinton didn't have a problem overcoming the label. He knew what needed to be done to win his elections and did it.

There is a fundamental problem with the democratic party(as a whole) that they are unwilling to admit. It kinda reminds me of an addict who doesn't think he has the problem which is painfully obvious to everyone else.
I'm not going to waste my time telling you what that problem is because you would just deny it.

Just a thought on McCain.

If McCain were a presidential candidate for either party, I suspect he would be able to win. McCains problem is he would never win a nomination from either party.

Stu