View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Advanced-beginner syndrome. Am I approaching my progression properly?

In the micro games where so many people see the flop you have to open up your range of starting hands and play the more speculative hands like suited connectors, Axs, Kxs, etc... Small-Stakes HE goes into this in much more detail than I care to here, but the gist is playing uber-tight is not usually the best gameplan in these types of games. Now, that said - I'm not talking about turning your 20% into 60% - more like turn your 20% into something like 24-26%. Loose games like these have more variance, so prepare yourself for that.

Sure, your big hands (AA, KK) will hold up enough times to make you money - but in the long run, the big winners in these LL no-foldem games are the more speculative drawing hands. Pump your big draws and don't slow play your TPTK hands.

In these games, you have to make a hand to win - so don't bluff.

In general, the games your in now is simply ABC poker. If you are throwing away hands like A3s in LP with several limpers in these games, you are playing to tight. In the long run, you'll probably beat the game for a small amount - but these LL games are easily beatable to the tune of 4-5BB/hr or more with solid play.

Read SSH.