View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 06:31 PM

Default Re: $500+30 SNG on Pokerstars, Opinions plx.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2:

This has been (For better of for worse) one of my pet moves to make in the larger buyin SNG's, because people are much more willing to lay down mediocre hands to a check raise. Didnt work here, and I had to check the river and give it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet 185 on the river. If I am your opponent, I am worried about you drawing to the flush (which you were) until the river. Your bet on the river for 1/2 the pot changes my thinking, and now I'm concerned that you have A-better kicker or a K, and it looks like you want a call. Decent chance your opponent would fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 4

I think this was my first mistake of the SNG. Low stack pusher had just lost most all of his chips two hands earlier, and was very aggressive. I think I SHOULD have put him on an ace, and properly fold here, but I had 90 in the pot, and was stubborn. Is this a call, or an easy fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy fold. I fold this hand beforr raising to 90, and definitely fold to the re-raise.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 5

My only regret is that I did not play this more aggressively. Should I have set him all in on the river? I was hoping for a reraise allin, but didnt get it. I guess I set that amt because I wanted to get paid off. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

He will pay off more -- at least a bet of around 750, and maybe an all-in bet.