Thread: America Sucks
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 06:15 PM

Default Re: America Sucks

Guilty as charged...I voted for Bush. I have blood on my hands. I have blood on my hands from WWI for being an American. I have blood on my hands from WWII...from Vietnam...from Korea...from the first Gulf War...and from every other conflict in which the United States has sacrificed its most precious resource - the lives of its own people - in the interest of trying to improve the world which we all share.

Our country is not always right. We make mistakes, just as many other countries do (look no further than the corrupt UN weapons-for-food program in which several of the countries aligned against the invasion of Iraq are later shown to have been taking kick-backs from Saddam Hussein for their votes in the UN). However, most Americans supported all of these wars not because they in some way benefited America - FAR from it. I did not support any of the wars during my lifetime because I thought it might make filling up my gas tank a buck or two cheaper each week. I supported them because I felt (as did the majority of our country) that it was the right thing to do.

So yes, as an American, I have blood on my hands. It's the blood that American soldiers sacrificed to make the world a better place. It's the blood of civilians that died in the crossfire because a dictator flouted the UN's attempts to stop him from continuing down a path of destruction paved with attempts to develop weapons of mass destruction. And it's the blood of tyrants that had to be stopped from destroying our way of life...not the American way of life, but the way of life of all free people in the world.