Thread: America Sucks
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: America Sucks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm neither a foreignor or a liberal. I just have my own opinions and I think it's beyond pathetic that people have voted this baby murderer back into office.

What do you think is going to happen in the wake of the murderous attacks America has made against the Arab world, how many more terrorists do you think were converted when bombs dropped on their homes killing their entire family. The end of America as a superpower is coming, and I for one welcome that change.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with you, Grifter. We're murderers. We shouldn't defend ourselves. We should allow as many 9/11's as the poor, peace-loving Arabs want to inflict on us! Turn the other cheek! Let's all sing Kumbayah....LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

While many of Grifters views are somewhat extreme, I think that his words here have some merit. I'm a firm believer that the war on terror cannot be fought like a conventional war as we are fighting an non-conventional enemy. To attempt to eradicate every terrorist is an impossible task and in the attempt to do so we are only breeding more of them.

Humans are reasonable and good from birth. Extremism, as found in the Middle East, is a product of the political and social climate there. Terrorist and extremist groups do not see themselves as evil; they are fighting for a cause that they wholeheartedly believe in. Extremism is by no means a normal or acceptable behavior, but it is important to realize that it stems from certain extreme climates like the one that America has supported in the Middle East over the years.

Instead of adding more fuel to the fire by dropping bombs, perhaps we, as a country, should open our eyes to the reasons for terrorism and consider eradicating it from there. Just a thought. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]