Thread: Can God....
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: the opinion of a 19 year old jackass

Maurile, what you just said is akin to me saying,
"well, any theory of biology is just as good as another"--
I'm ashamed of you--a scientist! lol

I get an impression of you via your posts that you have a real heart for truth, that you're very smart, and that you're a careful researcher with high standards.

As my Mom once said,
"Even if all roads DO lead to Rome, if you try to follow every road, YOU AIN'T NEVER GONNA GET THERE!" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I believe that the case for Christianity is much stronger, and better documented, and better verified that any other religion on the planet.

Here you have an unknown Jew from a small town who only had an active ministry of 3 1/2 years, and yet He is now the colossus of Western civilization!
There are eyewitness accounts of him raising the dead, healing the sick, turning water into wine, stilling storms..what in the way of a Divine Seal of Approval would you want?
As far away as China, there are records of the darkness that was reported during the Crucifixion.
Then to top all that off--He rose from the dead!

This is UNPRECEDENTED in history, UNIQUE. Islam fulminates against him even in their prayers, and yet their own "prophet" couldn't reproduce any of the miracles of Jesus.

The witness of his works is the Bible, particularly the New Testament. This is a book, alone among all holy books in the world, which makes CONSISTENT and ACCURATE predictions of events hundreds (sometimes thousands) of years in the future.

In a spirit of scientific investigation, I think you owe yourself a good search into it. The best part is that it will prove itself to you--in your own heart in mind, in your own direct experience-- if you let it.

Jesus said, "I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE".
So he's laid claim to being the road to God above all others.
He also says He is the Truth. That is why I can freely investigate what science says--and not fear losing my Faith.
Why should I fear the truth? He IS the Truth, so we can only find out more about Him in science [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If I have to change my mind about certain things--that's MY problem, not his! lol
He's the Life. You're a Life scientist--I think you'd like each other.
God says His Creation speaks of Him--you especially are in a position to appreciate the infinite variety of life here. From snowflakes to men--NO TWO ALIKE!

God LOVES variety--He's never boring! And best of all, He knows and loves YOU.